- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-11-20
- Count Views：115
The current staff structure of the Center consists of 1 director of the Center, 1 secretary, 1 chief of general affair section, 1 chief of guard and control section, 1 chief of assistance and guidance section, 1 head of human resources, 1 head of accounting office, 1 staff of accounting office, 1 pharmacist, 1 nurse, 1 medical technologist, 1 technician, 6 clerks, 10 chief controllers, 50 controllers, 5 advisers, 5 clinical psychologists, 4 social workers, 3 drivers, 2 caretakers, 97 people in total; there are also 10 controllers in the joint office of the Taiwan Kaohsiung Juvenile Detention and Classification House, Agency of Corrections, Ministry of Justice; the total current staff number is 107. The chief of the government ethics office at Mingyang High School takes care of the government's ethics affairs. The coordinator of the statistics office at Kaohsiung Women’s Prison looks after statistical tasks.
Currently, the following offices manage the daily operation for the Center: guard and control section, assistance and guidance section, social work section, sanitation and health section, general affair section, human resource office, accounting office, government ethics office.
- Responsibilities and scopes of each section/office
Social work section:
- Induction for people receiving rehabilitation treatments when they first arrive at the Center.
- Direct and indirect investigations on people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Collecting fingerprints and photos of people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Evaluating and assessing family and social relationships of people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Accessing available social resources
- Maintaining contact with people receiving rehabilitation treatments after they are discharged from the Center.
- Miscellaneous social work and investigations.
Assistance and guidance section:
- Providing counseling, discipline, and education to people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Assessing people receiving staggered rehabilitation treatments.
- People receiving rehabilitation treatments must report to the section if they request to cease treatments.
- Entertainment and fitness training for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Instructions on assembly and zonal management for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Vocational skill assessments and training for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Vocational skill training and allocation of labor work for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Work-study programs and employment assistance, planning, and implementation for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- News, reading material management, and publication of internal journals.
- Miscellaneous counseling tasks.
Guard and control section:
- Guarding people receiving rehabilitation treatments, key-and-lock management, and control of the Center.
- Guard training and duty allocations.
- Use, drill and maintenance of weapons, restraint and firefighting equipment.
- Issuance and management of food, clothes, bedding, and other supplies to people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Sanitizing and hygiene tasks.
- Conducting physical and belonging searches to people receiving rehabilitation treatments, as well as the provision of behavioral assessments, rewards, and disciplines.
- Management of visits, mail, and parcels for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Cell and factory inspections and management.
- Escorting people receiving rehabilitation treatments and interception of escapees.
- Miscellaneous guard management tasks.
Sanitation and health section:
- Provision of hygiene programs and facility instructions.
- Prevention of communicable diseases and the provision of nurse training.
- Health check-ups for people receiving rehabilitation treatments, and collection of urine samples and carrying out pathology tests.
- Provision of counseling, psychotherapy, and medical treatments to people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Ward management.
- Inspecting overall hygiene and providing instructions.
- Medicine dispensing, storing, and management of medical equipment.
- Providing abstinence addiction treatments to people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Issuing illness reports or death certificates for people receiving rehabilitation treatments.
- Miscellaneous physical and mental health tasks.
General affair section:
- Safekeeping of seals/imprimaturs, management of documents and files.
- Management of cashiers, properties, maintenance, purchasing, and other tasks.
- Collecting admission, discharge, and other fees for people receiving rehabilitation treatments, as well as safekeeping of their personal belongings.
- Preparation and management of rosters and status books.
- Tasks on rations receipt, storage, audit, and report.
- Planning and supervising the welfare of people receiving rehabilitation treatments, and following guidelines of care of the deceased.
- Management of public properties and assets.
- Supervision of caretakers (including the technician and drivers).
- Miscellaneous tasks that are unaffiliated with other sections and offices.
Human resource office:
- Managing tasks on staff hiring, terminating, and transferring.
- Tasks on qualification assessments and referrals for further approvals.
- Tasks on drafting remuneration packages and auditing pay scales.
- Tasks on staff members’ personal and excessive leaves.
- Rewards and performance management.
- Tasks on drafting training, further education and work-related visits.
- Tasks on drafting appraisals, achievements and referral for further approvals.
- Tasks regarding the audit of retirement, retrenchment, pecuniary grant payment and referral for further approvals.
- Issuance of fringe benefits and entertainment tasks.
- Tasks on various personnel information filing and registrations.
- Issuance of personnel employment certificates.
- Public servant insurance tasks.
- Miscellaneous HR tasks.
- Preparation of annual income and expense statements, budget, final accounts, and half-yearly settlement reports.
- Preparation and modification on drafting annual income and expense budgets.
- Tasks on budget flows, budget retention, and reserve fund applications.
- Control and implementation of annual income and expense budgets.
- Audit of original receipts and payments, preparation, and storage of various accounting receipts.
- Preparation of accounting reports
- Internal audit and audit on cashier income and expense.
- Supervision of government procurement projects.
- Miscellaneous accounting tasks.
- Planning and handling of statistical works.
- Collecting, sorting, editing, and analyzing statistical data.
- Provision of various statistical reports and forms.
- Planning and coordinating IT-related operations.
- Filing and sorting of projects.
- Miscellaneous statistical tasks.
Government ethics office:
- Administrative tasks on government ethics affairs.
- Maintenance of confidentiality on government issues.
- Campaigns on government ethics policies.
- Reforms and suggestions on government ethics matters.
- Corruption prevention, detection, handling, and reporting.
- Recommendations on rewards and disciplines on government ethics for the Center.
- Miscellaneous government ethics tasks.